This complete textbook chapter taken from A2 Sociology for AQA covers:
1. Different definitions and explanations of development and underdevelopment.
2. Development in relation to urbanisation, industrialisation and the environment.
3. The cultural, political and economic interrelationships between societies.
4. The role of aid, trade, transnational corporations and international agencies in different strategies for development.
5. Employment, education, health, demographic change and gender as aspects of development.