This complete textbook chapter taken from the 1st edition of AS Sociology for AQA covers:
1. Defining income and wealth and their relative distribution.
2. Poverty measures: relative and absolute.
3. Perspectives on inequality.
4. The existence and persistence of poverty.
5. Solutions to poverty.
6. Welfare provision.
This complete textbook chapter taken from the 2nd edition of AS Sociology for AQA covers:
1. Different definitions and ways of measuring poverty, wealth and income.
2. The distribution of poverty, wealth and income between different social groups.
3. The existence and persistence of poverty in contemporary society.
4. Different responses to poverty, with particular reference to the role of social policy since the 1940's.
5. The nature and role of public, private, voluntary and informal welfare provision in contemporary society.